NBAD issues $20m in private placement
Abu Dhabi, September 12, 2011
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) issued $20 million in a landmark 25 year private placement under its $5 billion Euro Medium Term Note (EMTN) programme.
Standard Chartered Bank is acting as sole bookrunner for the placement, said the UAE based bank in a statement.
The $20 million private placement will be due in 2036 and represents the longest tenor bond issuance by a GCC Bank as well as the longest tenor “Regulation S” bond issuance by any GCC entity, said a statement from NBAD.
The success of the transaction, which carries a fixed coupon rate of 4.80 per cent per annum, is a testament to NBAD’s established corporate profile in the global bond markets and Standard Chartered’s unique placement capabilities, it stated.
The private placement also demonstrates the strong investor acceptance of NBAD’s credit profile in times of extreme market volatility and reinstates the bank’s successful strategy of diversifying its funding sources and extending its liability profile at attractive funding levels, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson