One-year-old wins Dh1 million
Dubai, September 14, 2011
A one-year-old Emirati boy is the September winner of the Dubai Bank Kunooz Savings Account draw, making him the youngest ever winner of the cash prize.
Mohammed Rashid Bin Fatise Al Mutiwei won the one million dirham ($272,295) award after his father won the grand prize in 2010.
The monthly Kunooz one million dirham draw is part of Dubai Bank’s strategy to reward its customers and grow their net worth, a statement from the bank said.
Mohammed also won the Dh10, 000 ($2,723) prizes in both July and August before scooping the September award.
“As a previous grand prize winner, I am very aware of the great benefits of the Kunooz Savings Account,” said Rashid Khalifa Bin Fatise Al Mutiwei, Mohammed’s father.
“On my son’s behalf, I will invest the full one million back into his Kunooz account, meaning he will have many more chances to win before he reaches adulthood”, he said.
Under the Kunooz monthly cash prize promotion, each multiple of Dh 1,000 ($272) deposited in the Kunooz Account qualifies the customer for multiple entries into the draw for daily cash prizes of Dh 30,000 ($8169).
For every multiple of Dh 5,000 ($1361) deposited, account holders become eligible for entry into the monthly grand prize draw of Dh1 million. The programme also offers participants the possibility to win more than once, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm