GBCorp set for big Islamic fund summit
Manama, September 25, 2011
Global Banking Corporation (GBCorp) said it will take part in the 7th annual World Islamic Funds and Financial Markets Conference (WIFFMC 2011) which opens in Bahrain on Sunday.
The two-day conference is being held under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain with more than 400 key players in the global Islamic funds and investments industry taking part.
The 7th Annual WIFFMC 2011 will be held under the theme “Achieving international scale and creating vibrant Islamic financial markets and re-invigorating the Islamic investments industry”.
Oscar Silva, GBCorp CEO will participate in the CEO & Industry Leaders Power Debate at the conference.
The session will analyse and discuss new strategies for re-igniting growth in Islamic financial markets, , said a statement from GBCorp.
It will also assess the internationalization of the Islamic investments market and address key challenges of aligning business strategies with the new economic realities, it added.
Commenting on his participation, Silva said: “GBCorp is honored to be part of the conference as we believe it is a strong platform to debate on the Islamic investments industry.”
Silva is expected to cover coming opportunities in the Islamic Finance market as they relate to infrastructure spending, addressing the regional housing shortfall, and strengthening links between the public and private sectors through PPP partnerships.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms demand guarantees before Egypt investment
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain