DIB opens 70th branch at Dubai Mall
Dubai, October 4, 2011
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has opened a new branch in The Dubai Mall, bringing the bank’s UAE-wide network to a total of 70 branches.
The new branch, DIB’s 32nd in Dubai, offers customers a full suite of banking services, a statement from the bank said.
DIB continues to implement its strategy to open more branches in malls, where customers can conveniently combine banking with shopping activities.
The opening of the bank’s Dubai Mall branch is its second in-mall launch in one month – following the recent opening of the DIB branch in Sahara Centre, Sharjah – raising the bank’s total in-mall network to 8.
“We are proud to have reached the milestone of 70 branches across the UAE, through the establishment of this partnership with an iconic destination like the Dubai Mall,” said Dr Adnan Chilwan, deputy CEO - chief of consumer and wholesale banking, Dubai Islamic Bank.
“We are continuously evolving our service offering with the changing trends in the UAE, by opening strategically located mall branches. As we move forward with our extremely successful strategy, we will further expand our branch network and range of self service banking solutions,” he said. “This customer-focused strategy continues to reflect in the sustained growth that DIB has experienced over the past few years.”
Nasser Rafi, CEO, Emaar Malls Group, said: “We are committed to bringing the entire spectrum of lifestyle experiences and services to the Dubai Mall. In line with our focus on attracting leading brands, we are therefore delighted to partner with Dubai Islamic Bank, and welcome them to the mall.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- Al Salam launches Asian real estate fund