Kipco Q3 net profit plunges 73pc
Kuwait, November 1, 2011
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the country's largest investment firm, reported a 73-per cent decline in third-quarter profit on Tuesday, after booking a one-time gain in the same period last year.
Kipco said it made a profit of KD7.1 million ($25.9 million) in the quarter ended September 30, compared with KD26.5 million a year earlier.
Last year, Kipco recorded a gain from the sale of it 39.2 per cent stake in Gulf Insurance Co. to Canada's Fairfax Financial Holding for $208.6 million.
Consolidated assets fell 3 percent to 5.49 billion in the quarter, Kipco said in a statement.
The Kuwait company did not provide third-quarter revenue figures. It said nine-month revenues decreased 9 per cent to KD265 million.-Reuters
Tags: Kuwait Projects Company |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook