Kipco Q3 net profit plunges 73pc
Kuwait, November 1, 2011
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the country's largest investment firm, reported a 73-per cent decline in third-quarter profit on Tuesday, after booking a one-time gain in the same period last year.
Kipco said it made a profit of KD7.1 million ($25.9 million) in the quarter ended September 30, compared with KD26.5 million a year earlier.
Last year, Kipco recorded a gain from the sale of it 39.2 per cent stake in Gulf Insurance Co. to Canada's Fairfax Financial Holding for $208.6 million.
Consolidated assets fell 3 percent to 5.49 billion in the quarter, Kipco said in a statement.
The Kuwait company did not provide third-quarter revenue figures. It said nine-month revenues decreased 9 per cent to KD265 million.-Reuters
Tags: Kuwait Projects Company |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain