SBI opens new branch in Bahrain
Manama, November 16, 2011
State Bank of India (SBI), the country's largest banking and financial services company, has opened its new branch in Riffa area of Bahrain.
Indian Overseas Affairs and Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi inaugurated the branch in Bukwara Market area in East Riffa in the presence of Ambassador Mohan Kumar and Central Bank of Bahrain retail banking supervision director Yusif Hassan Yusif.
SBI regional head Sanjeev Nautiyal, retail chief executive officer Mohan Ganeshan and branch in-charge M Mukesh were also present.
'We started retail operations in Bahrain in 2007, with the opening of our first retail branch in Manama,' said Ganeshan.
'The SBI has grown in terms of business, profit and customer size in the past four years,' he added.
Ganeshan said the bank now has plans to expand and another branch is proposed to be opened in Bab Al Bahrain soon.
'Also on the anvil is the introduction of mobile banking for our retail customers,' he added.
Nautiyal said the retail branch has been offering a wide range of products and services to corporate clients as well as individuals of all nationalities in Bahrain.
'We offer an entire bouquet of services like savings bank accounts, current accounts, fixed deposits, recurring deposits, overdrafts as well as services to non- resident Indians,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital
- Al Baraka to raise $200m with sukuk