SBI opens new branch in Bahrain
Manama, November 16, 2011
State Bank of India (SBI), the country's largest banking and financial services company, has opened its new branch in Riffa area of Bahrain.
Indian Overseas Affairs and Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi inaugurated the branch in Bukwara Market area in East Riffa in the presence of Ambassador Mohan Kumar and Central Bank of Bahrain retail banking supervision director Yusif Hassan Yusif.
SBI regional head Sanjeev Nautiyal, retail chief executive officer Mohan Ganeshan and branch in-charge M Mukesh were also present.
'We started retail operations in Bahrain in 2007, with the opening of our first retail branch in Manama,' said Ganeshan.
'The SBI has grown in terms of business, profit and customer size in the past four years,' he added.
Ganeshan said the bank now has plans to expand and another branch is proposed to be opened in Bab Al Bahrain soon.
'Also on the anvil is the introduction of mobile banking for our retail customers,' he added.
Nautiyal said the retail branch has been offering a wide range of products and services to corporate clients as well as individuals of all nationalities in Bahrain.
'We offer an entire bouquet of services like savings bank accounts, current accounts, fixed deposits, recurring deposits, overdrafts as well as services to non- resident Indians,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head