Ahil United raises $200m loan facility
Manama, November 24, 2011
Ahli United Bank – Bahrain, in its role as mandated lead arranger, has raised a $200 million six-year loan facility for Alfardan Properties, one of the regional luxury goods and services providers.
The facility will be used to refinance existing loans and to finance working capital and other capital projects in Qatar, a statement from the bank said.
Despite an oversubscription by 50 per cent, the facility was capped at $200 million, attracting support from six regional banks from the UAE, Qatar and Bahrain.
The banks joining the facility are Ahli United Bank, the Commercial Bank of Qatar, Ahli Bank, Gulf International Bank, the National Bank of Abu Dhabi and BBK, the statement said.
Alfardan Properties was established in 1992 to develop luxury residential real estate portfolio of assets. It owns and manages various real estate properties in Qatar, including Alfardan Gardens, Alfardan Towers as well as Kempinski Serviced Apartments. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale