American wins Dh1 million Dubai Bank prize
Dubai, November 28, 2011
Dubai Bank has announced Abu Dhabi-based American citizen, Mustafa Kamalas, as the November winner of its million dirham Kunooz savings account draw, a monthly draw held by the Shari’a compliant bank.
The Kunooz one million dirham draw is part of Dubai Bank’s strategy to reward its valued customers and grow their net worth, a statement from the bank said.
“I opened a Kunooz account last year after a thorough research on various investment vehicles in the country,” said Kamal. “Kunooz, being a Shari’a compliant product, proved to be a great investment opportunity that reaps the benefits of Islamic Banking.”
WaleedSaeed Al Awadi, head of branches and royal banking, deputy chief marketing officer, said: “Month after month, winners like Kamal benefit from this draw, an initiative that has transformed their lives for the long-term. Kunooz, with its savings potential and opportunity to generate optimal returns, is considered a catalyst for many of our customers in achieving their personal finance goals. The added benefit of channeling their savings in a prudent and Shari’a-compliant manner has also proved to be a big attraction for those who bank with us.”
Under the Kunooz monthly cash prize promotion, each multiple of Dh1,000 ($272.29) deposited in the Kunooz account qualifies the customer for multiple entries into the draw for daily cash prizes of D30,000 ($8,169).
For every multiple of Dh5,000 ($1,361.47) deposited, account holders become entitled for entry into the monthly grand prize draw of Dh1 million ($0.27 million).
The programme also offers participants the possibility to win more than once, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook