Rating boost for Bahrain insurance firm
Manama, November 29, 2011
Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company (BKIC), a leading national insurance company with operations in both Bahrain and Kuwait, has been assigned a financial strength rating of A- by rating agency AM Best.
AM Best said the rating reflects BKIC's strong capitalisation, conservative investment strategy, excellent track record of technical profits and good standing in the operating markets of Bahrain and Kuwait.
BKIC chief executive Ebrahim Al Rayes said this higher rating underscored the trust the insuring public have placed on the company in Bahrain and Kuwait and expressed his hope that they would continue to perform well for the benefit of all stakeholders.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records