KIB executive named 'business manager of the year'
Kuwait City, December 1, 2011
Kuwait International Bank’s head of business continuity, Nisar Ahmed Khan, was among the nominees for Business Continuity Manager of the Year category of the BCI Asia Business Continuity Awards 2011.
The awards are organised by the Business Continuity Institute – UK (BCI) and the Business Continuity Planning Asia (BCP Asia). Khan was recently recognised at a ceremony which took place in Singapore, a statement from the company said.
Abdulraheem Alawadhi, executive manager of operations department, KIB, said: “This acknowledgement also reflects the bank’s commitment to international standards in terms of business continuity and signifies KIB’s achievement of its objectives for being a safe and stable bank for its customers.”
“We have worked hard to ensure that our business continuity team continues to be able to handle any unforeseeable disasters that may occur due to internal or external risks. Pro-active planning is the secret behind our success”, Alawadhi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson