Ithmaar Bank honours female employees
Manama, December 11, 2011
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based Islamic retail-focused bank, honoured its female employees as it celebrated Bahraini Women’s Day.
The national celebration, which is this year being held under the theme “Bahraini women in economic development”, is an initiative of the Supreme Council for Women. The Council, chaired by HRH Sheikha Sabika bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, established to promote women’s rights in the Kingdom and encourage full participation in society.
“Bahraini Women’s Day is a celebration of the important role women play in contributing to our national development,” said Ithmaar Bank CEO and member of the board of directors, Mohammed Abdul Rahman Bucheerei.
“Although women play important roles in the Kingdom’s economic, social and political development, this year we focus on their valuable contributions as partners in Bahrain’s economic growth,” he said.
“Bahraini women have contributed to the development of our country since the late 1920’s, with the start of formal education, and have long held both public and private sector jobs as part of their contributions to the nation’s economic growth,” said Bucheerei. “In our own modest example, women constitute almost thirty percent of the Ithmaar workforce, including several very senior positions.”
“Bahraini Women’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate and recognise the pivotal role women play in Ithmaar’s continuing success,” said Bucheerei. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale