ADIB pays off $800m sukuk
Abu Dhabi, December 13, 2011
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said it had fully paid an $800 million, five-year Islamic bond which matured on December 12, 2011.
The bank, which last month sold a $500 million, five-year Islamic bond, had issued the maturing sukuk in 2006 as part of a $5 billion trust certificate programme.
"The total amount paid to certificate holders of the 2006 sukuk is $800 million," the bank said in a statement late on Monday. ADIB is the second biggest Islamic bank in the United Arab Emirates. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge