Sico appoints new chairman
Manama, December 20, 2011
Bahrain based Securities & Investment Company (Sico) has appointed Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalifa Al-Khalifa as the new chairman of the bank’s board of directors.
Shaikh Abdulla represents the Social Insurance Organization, and has been a board member since November 2011.
He replaces Sico’s former chairman, Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa and who retired from the board in September.
Shaikh Abdulla is the assistant director – Investment Directorate of the Social Insurance Organisation (SIO).
Prior to joining SIO in 2006, he was the head of Wealth Management at Standard Chartered Bank for Bahrain. He started his career in 2001 at Arab Banking Corporation in Bahrain, where he rose to the position of senior relationship manager.
He is the chairman of Seef Properties; and a board member of BBK, BFC Holdings, Bahrain International Golf Course, and Naseej.
Shaikh Abdulla holds a BSc degree in Business Administration from the George Washington University, Washington DC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson