Bank Muscat plans $260m rights issue
Muscat, December 22, 2011
Oman's Bank Muscat, the sultanate's largest bank by assets, will launch a rights issue in the second quarter of 2012, subject to regulatory approval, the bank said in a bourse statement on Thursday.
The 100 million Omani rials ($259.7 million) rights issue will see shares offered at a 20-percent discount to market price, the statement said, although it added that further details about the offering would be published once it had got the regulator's sign-off.
Standard & Poor's raised its long-term rating on Bank Muscat to A- from BBB+ last week, citing "its strong business position, strong capital and earnings, moderate risk position, average funding, and adequate liquidity." - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head