UK Islamic bank eyes 30pc Rasmala stake
Dubai, December 22, 2011
UK-based European Islamic Investment Bank (EIIB) is in talks to acquire a 30 per cent stake in Dubai-based Rasmala Investment Bank, two sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
The acquisition, which is set to be completed in early 2012, will be made through a fresh issue of shares by Rasmala which EIIB will buy, the sources said.
Rasmala's chairman, Ali al Shihabi, told Reuters in November that it was in talks about a capital boost.
Rasmala's chief executive officer, Anwar Abu Sbaitan, declined to comment.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down