UNCTAD plans finance forum in Bahrain
Manama, December 27, 2011
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) will organize a workshop under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain about the global financial and economic crisis in Bahrain next month.
The workshop entitled “The Global Financial and Economic Crisis: What Next?” will take place on January 11 and 12 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. It will be attended by senior economists and policy makers from Bahrain as well economists from financial institutions in the region.
The keynote statement at the workshop will be delivered by the Governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain Rasheed M Al Maraj.
Senior economists from UNCTAD will deliver presentations on the global crisis from UNCTAD’s perspective.
The UNCTAD experts are led by the director of the Globalisation and Development Strategies Division, Dr Heiner Flassbeck, who will also deliver a public lecture entitled “The future of the Eurozone.”
The workshop presentations will cover different aspects of the global financial and economic crisis, including global imbalances, the financialisation of commodity markets, sovereign debt issues and financial sector regulation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson