Mumtalakat, NBB, Durrat support Think Pink
Manama, January 15, 2012
Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, National Bank of Bahrain and Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain have announced their support for Think Pink Bahrain, a non-profit organisation which raises awareness and encourages early diagnosis of breast cancer.
The three companies will donate BD125,000 ($332,446) to the Think Pink MRI fund. The programme aims to raise funds for a digital MRI screening machine which will be used for early detection of breast cancer at the Salmaniya Medical Complex.
The MRI scanning approach meets the best practice recommendations by the American Cancer Society for early detection of the disease, a statement from the company said.
Talal Al Zain, CEO of Mumtalakat, said: “As part of our corporate social responsibility programme, we aim to partner and support social and community initiatives which can affect real change in the community, by joining hands with our portfolio companies, Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain and the National Bank of Bahrain.”
Think Pink Bahrain was founded in 2004. Since its inception, the funds raised by the charity have been utilised to support various breast cancer-related initiatives which include awareness, education and the purchase of the digital MRI machine for Salmaniya Medical Complex.
It is seeking to raise a total of BD540,000 ($1,436,166) for the purchase of the new screening machine, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain