Arab Bank ‘Best Trade Finance Provider in ME’
Beirut, January 24, 2012
Arab Bank recently received the ‘Best Trade Finance Provider in the Middle East’ award from Global Finance Magazine for the sixth consecutive year.
It received this award based on its transaction volume, scope of global coverage, customer service, competitiveness and innovation, a statement from the bank said.
Nemeh Sabbagh, CEO of Arab Bank, said: “As one of the oldest banks in the Arab world we have long appreciated the role that trade relations play, not only in bringing the region together, but also in being an engine of economic growth.”
Nadya Talhouni, senior VP, head of cash management and trade finance at Arab Bank, said: Arab Bank’s team of qualified professionals is available across the network in over 500 branches across 30 countries to meet our customers’ trade finance requirements.”
“Now more than ever, the availability of trade finance at reasonable prices is crucial to the health of the global economy,” said Joseph D Giarraputo, publisher and president of Global Finance Magazine.
“We have selected the banks that are best serving the needs of corporations worldwide as they engage in cross-border trade,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson