BBK in talks over workers' development
Manama, January 25, 2012
BBK chief executive Abdul Karim Bucheery met Bankers Union chairman Khalil Zainal in the first of a series of meetings to develop employees in the industry and enhance their rights.
The meetings are being convened between BBK and the union on a quarterly basis. The union was established in 2003.
During the meeting, the periodical meeting agenda of the current year was set and other matters of importance to both parties were discussed as proposed by the union to which the bank showed its interest.
'The human capital was and still continues to play a crucial role in maintaining the bank's performance and enhancing its products and services offered to its valuable customers and stakeholders,' said Bucheery.
'We are always keen to look after our employees' interests and provide them with means that improve their well-being in general,' he added.
'We confirm this through our regular meetings with the Bankers Union,' he said.
The union is designed to look after the interests of workers in the financial and banking sector, defend their rights, raise the level of their employment gains and living conditions through the spread of the vocational and union culture and active participation in numerous events to emphasise the role of unions as an integral element of the developed economy.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson