BBK in talks over workers' development
Manama, January 25, 2012
BBK chief executive Abdul Karim Bucheery met Bankers Union chairman Khalil Zainal in the first of a series of meetings to develop employees in the industry and enhance their rights.
The meetings are being convened between BBK and the union on a quarterly basis. The union was established in 2003.
During the meeting, the periodical meeting agenda of the current year was set and other matters of importance to both parties were discussed as proposed by the union to which the bank showed its interest.
'The human capital was and still continues to play a crucial role in maintaining the bank's performance and enhancing its products and services offered to its valuable customers and stakeholders,' said Bucheery.
'We are always keen to look after our employees' interests and provide them with means that improve their well-being in general,' he added.
'We confirm this through our regular meetings with the Bankers Union,' he said.
The union is designed to look after the interests of workers in the financial and banking sector, defend their rights, raise the level of their employment gains and living conditions through the spread of the vocational and union culture and active participation in numerous events to emphasise the role of unions as an integral element of the developed economy.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals