HDFC Life launches UAE operations
Dubai, January 25, 2012
HDFC Life, one of the leading private life insurance companies of India, has announced the launch of its first international operations with the opening of its new office in Dubai.
Announcing the launch, Anup Rau, executive VP and head of Sales and Distribution, “HDFC Life is a preferred and trusted brand in India and has diverse product portfolio catering to the different life stage needs of an individual.'
'The launch of our operations in Dubai is the beginning of HDFC Life’s expansion into the region. The vast NRI population would be able to closely understand the benefits of our wide ranging product portfolio catering to their protection, investment and savings, and retirement needs,' he explained.
The objective of this office, he said, would be to serve our existing policy holders and further understand their financial needs better.
We believe that the need for life insurance – either protection or saving –is universal, irrespective of market conditions,' said Rau.
'Everyone has a need, be it protection of income from unforeseen events, protection from loan liability, planning for future savings requirements, pension requirement or cover for medical exigencies,' he added.
HDFC Life VP and head of International Business MI Taher said, 'GCC is an important region for our growth and UAE with a large NRI population base, is key to this growth, hence it was of prime importance to open office in Dubai.'
'It is the first step towards understanding the Gulf market, the customer segments, apart from serving our existing policy holders and further understanding their financial needs.'
'Our presence in this region will help us research the market better and devise new products catering to the specific needs of the NRI’s here,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator