Elaf completes Malaysia funding facility
Manama, January 31, 2012
Bahrain's Elaf Bank said it has concluded an funding facility for Malaysian company Serba Dinamik to help finance a five-year contract awarded by Petronas Carigali.
Serba is a major provider of integrated and specialised engineering and maintenance services to the oil and gas, petrochemical, and utilities companies in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Mena region.
Elaf Bank is the lead arranger and adviser for the $5 million Ijarah Muntahia Bittamalluk exercise, and the underwriter for Tranche 1 of the financing.
"We are pleased to have concluded this transaction with Serba Dinamik," Elaf Bank chief executive Dr Jamil El Jaroudi said.
"It has reinforced our belief that our decision to be on the ground in Malaysia is a correct one, giving us the advantage of being close to the business and the market here.
"This gives us the impetus to expand our coverage not only in Malaysia, but also in other South East Asian countries, and maintaining our commitment to bridge between the two Islamic finance hubs in South East Asia and in the Middle East," he said.
"We look forward to more sizeable deals to be concluded with our partners in the very near future in countries where Serba is active, South East Asia and Mena region," chief executive Dr Ir Mohd Abdul Karim bin Abdullah said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals