Gulf Capital to buy key stake in consulting firm
Abu Dhabi, February 4, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based private equity firm Gulf Capital is in the final stage of acquiring close to 80 per cent of regional consultancy firm Reach Group, two sources close to the transaction told Reuters.
Gulf Capital will be closing the transaction during the first quarter this year through its $533 million Private Equity Fund II, one of the sources said.
The deal may be valued at around Dh100 million ($27 million), according to the source. The sources did not want to be identified as the matter has not been made public yet.
Abu Dhabi-based Reach Group, founded in 1999, offers management consulting, information technology, recruitment and outsourcing services. It has offices in the UAE, Kuwait and Jordan, according to the company website.
Neither Gulf Capital chief executive Karim El Solh nor executives at Reach Group were available for comment.
El Solh had told Reuters in an interview in November the company was in the final stages of acquiring majority stakes in four regional firms.
The company last month acquired an 82.7-percent stake in power generation provider Sakr Energy Solutions FZCO. It did not provide the value of the deal.
A potential deal would be Gulf Capital's second this year despite a sharp drop in private equity investments in the Gulf. Investors backing out of capital calls, sellers demanding higher prices than buyers were willing to pay and increasing competition from family groups hampered the growth of the industry.
Gulf Capital, which currently has around $1 billion of assets under management, is planning to exit two investments in 2012, including its stake in Gulf Marine Services (GMS) -- a regional jack-up and support barge company -- Solh said in September.
In July, Gulf Capital and another regional PE firm Amwal AlKhaleej sold their stakes in Maritime Industrial Services in a $336 million deal to Lamprell Plc in one of the rare private equity exits from the region.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies