Shuaa equity fund gets top award
Dubai, February 7, 2012
Dubai-based Shuaa Capital said its Emirates Gateway Fund has won the ‘UAE Equity Fund of the Year’ award from Mena Fund Manager magazine.
The awards were determined by a panel from Mena Fund Manager Magazine and fund management industry experts.
The shortlisted funds were selected based on a two-year track record ending November 2011 as well as qualitative and structural criteria, said a statement from Shuaa Capital.
The Shuaa Emirates Gateway Fund outperformed its peer group and respective benchmark over the two-year period, ending November 2011. It was also the top-performing UAE fund during the full year 2011, the statement added.
Commenting on the win, Nadi Bargouti, head of Shuaa Asset Management, said: 'This important award reflects our unique screening and valuation model, which combines fundamental, technical and quantitative analysis.'
'We aim to seek out real value and outperform through all market cycles – both in the long and short term. Our consistently strong performance track record speaks for itself,' Bargouti observed.
In addition to this, the Shuaa Qatar Gateway Fund was the best-performing Qatar fund in 2011 (and 2010), he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch