CBQ signs $455m loan
Doha, February 9, 2012
Commercial Bank of Qatar signed a $455 million term loan with a club of seven regional and international banks, it said in a statement to Qatar's bourse on Thursday.
The cash will be used for general corporate purposes, the bank said. It gave no further details on the loan, such as tenor or pricing.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi was the sole coordinating bank on the transaction, with Samba Financial Group and Commerzbank acting as mandated lead arrangers.
Other banks on the facility were Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), Deutsche Bank, Union National Bank and Wells Fargo.
CBQ posted a 22 percent jump in fourth-quarter profit last month on increased lending and deposits. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson