Aabar boosts stake in top Italian bank
Abu Dhabi, February 18, 2012
Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund Aabar Investments has increased its stake in Italian bank UniCredit to 6.5 per cent by exercising a call option, market regulator Consob said.
Aabar previously had 4.99 per cent of UniCredit, Consob said.
Consob said on its website that the increase in the stake dated back to February 14.
The regulator also said in an update on its website that US fund Capital Research and Management has cut its stake to 2.732 on February 10 from a previous 5.4 per cent holding.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson