S&P reconfirms Takaful Re's stable rating
Dubai, February 23, 2012
Standard & Poor's (S&P) has reconfirmed BBB 'Stable' long-term counter-party credit and insurer financial strength ratings to Takaful Re Limited (TRL), a Dubai International Financial Centre-based re-takaful operator.
Takaful Re is a subsidiary of Bahrain-based Arab Insurance Group.
According to S&P, the rating is based on Takaful Re's strong capitalisation, strong liquidity, and supportive shareholders, focused on fostering the development of the re-takaful industry.
S&P said the re-takaful company benefits from its good brand awareness, technical expertise, knowledge of the takaful markets, and high-quality service.
'Reaffirmation of rating by S&P is recognition to TRL's proven standing capabilities in the re-takaful sector, which will reinforce the company's dedication to offer Sharia-compliant reinsurance and related services to the growing takaful and Islamic insurance market,' Takaful Re chief executive Chakib Abouzaid said.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school