Kingdom Holding plans bond sale
Dubai, March 1, 2012
Kingdom Holding Co, the investment vehicle of Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, will seek shareholders approval to tap debt markets through sale of either conventional or Islamic bonds, the company said in a statement.
The firm, which is 95-percent owned by Prince Alwaleed, has never issued public debt before but will seek approval to do so at a meeting on March 27, the statement to the Saudi stock exchange on Wednesday said.
Kingdom has minority stakes in some of the world's top companies and is one of the largest shareholders in US bank Citigroup.
The fund, which bought a stake in microblogging site Twitter worth $300 million in December, reported a 19.9 percent drop in fourth-quarter profit on January 21, which was attributed to decreased performance by its associated hotels. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school