American Express appoints new CEO
Manama, March 5, 2012
American Express Middle East (AEME) has announced that it has appointed Mazin Khoury as chief executive officer.
Khoury, who first joined AEME in 1989 and has served as the company’s chief operating officer for the past two years, takes over as CEO from William Keliehor, a statement from American Express said.
In his new role, he will focus on continuing to grow the company’s existing corporate and premium cards business across 18 markets in the Mena region, while maintaining the levels of service, payment flexibility and daily rewards associated with the brand, the statement said.
Khoury has held a number of senior level positions over the past two decades, including CEO of Amex (Saudi Arabia) and vice president of AEME, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service
- BKIC unveils new brand identity
- NBB completes BisB share purchase
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend