GIMS appoints new COO
Paris, March 5, 2012
Global Investment Management and Services (GIMS), the division of Societe Generale Group which comprises private banking, asset management and securities services, has appointed Karim Hajjaji as its chief operating officer.
Hajjaji retains his functions as chief financial officer of GIMS. Reporting to Jacques Ripoll, he is a member of the GIMS Executive Committee.
Hajjaji began his career in 1986 as a quantitative research analyst for market activities at GRO/Credit Lyonnais, before becoming a consultant in strategy and organisation at Braxton Consulting in 1988.
Hajjaji joined Societe Generale Group in 1999 as head of Financial Control at the Corporate & Investment Bank. From 2005 to 2009, he was CFO of SG Americas, where he supervised Societe Generale’s financial activities in the United-States, Canada, Brazil and Latin America.
In July 2009, he was appointed CFO of the GIMS division (private banking, asset management and securities services) at Societe Generale and became a member of the GIMS Executive Committee, reporting to Jacques Ripoll, head of GIMS.
Hajjaji is a graduate of the Paris Graduate School of Economics, Statistics and Finance (ENSAE). – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head