American Express names ME chief
Manama, March 6, 2012
American Express Middle East (AEME) has appointed Mazin Khoury, a Bahraini national, as its new chief executive. He takes over from William Keliehor.
Khoury first joined Bahrain-based AEME regional headquarters in 1989 and has served as the company's chief operating officer for the past two years.
"By providing reliable, convenient and rewarding solutions for our card members and business partners, AEME continues to go from strength to strength in the Mena region," said the new chief executive, who will continue to be based in Manama.
Khoury has had a long and distinguished career in the financial services industry. He has held a number of senior level positions over the past two decades, including chief executive of Amex (Saudi Arabia).-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3