RakBank expands Chinese enabled ATM network
Ras Al Khaimah, March 7, 2012
RakBank, also known as the National Bank of Ras Al-Khaimah, has set up a Chinese-enabled Automated Teller Machine (ATM) at Burj Al Arab Hotel, one of the world’s most luxurious hotels.
This is the latest addition to the Bank’s network of ATMs that support Chinese language, bringing their total number to 41, out of the 150 machines installed by the bank throughout the UAE.
“On the back of strengthening economic ties with China, the UAE has witnessed an influx of Chinese businessmen seeking banking solutions in their own language,” said Graham Honeybill, chief executive officer, RakBank.
“The ATM at Burj Al Arab is a further testament of how RakBank is focused on achieving customer satisfaction and convenience,” he added.
RakBank was the first UAE bank to introduce ATMs that offer support for the Chinese language in the UAE and has installed them across various business and residential locations in the country, a stateemnt said.
The bank also employs 14 Mandarin-speaking relationship managers in various branches in prominent Chinese business hubs to better serve this dynamic community.
The new ATM offers customers access to a host of services, including traditional transactions of withdrawing cash and inquiring about the balance, as well as payment of utility bills, transfer of funds among their RakBank accounts, cheque book request and reloading RakBank’s prepaid cards, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey