Ex-CEO claim against Bank Alkhair 'dismissed'
Manama, March 13, 2012
Bank Alkhair has announced that the Bahrain Chamber of Dispute Resolution (BCDR) has passed a ruling dismissing a claim by Majid Badr Hashim Al-Refai, former managing director and CEO of the bank.
In the ruling, BCDR ordered Al-Refai to pay the related court fee pertaining to Court Case No 8/2010 filed by him against Bank Alkhair.
Al-Refai had sought a compensation of BD1 million ($2.66 million) from Bank Alkhair for his termination from the position of managing director and CEO of the bank in August 2010.
The board of directors of Bank Alkhair had terminated Al-Refai following an inspection report by CBB that uncovered numerous irregularities, said the bank in a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson