Insurance Day 'a major step in Arab World'
Manama, March 20, 2012
Bahrain Insurance Day, which opens in Manama tomorrow, is a significant step that has never been observed in the Arab world as yet, said an industry expert.
The event to be held at the Gulf Hotel will be opened by Central Bank of Bahrain Governor Rasheed Al Maraj.
The event creates a meeting platform to attract experts and specialists in the insurance sector as well as the establishment of an exhibition which documents the process of insurance sector in Bahrain, observed Younis Al Sayed, the chairman of Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA).
The BIA, he said, has strived to create awareness of insurance among various segments of society and promote the spread of insurance business in Bahrain through specialists in the field, providing employees the highest level of training.
The association also conducts a forum for its members to meet and discuss matters of interest.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment