Insurance Day 'a major step in Arab World'
Manama, March 20, 2012
Bahrain Insurance Day, which opens in Manama tomorrow, is a significant step that has never been observed in the Arab world as yet, said an industry expert.
The event to be held at the Gulf Hotel will be opened by Central Bank of Bahrain Governor Rasheed Al Maraj.
The event creates a meeting platform to attract experts and specialists in the insurance sector as well as the establishment of an exhibition which documents the process of insurance sector in Bahrain, observed Younis Al Sayed, the chairman of Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA).
The BIA, he said, has strived to create awareness of insurance among various segments of society and promote the spread of insurance business in Bahrain through specialists in the field, providing employees the highest level of training.
The association also conducts a forum for its members to meet and discuss matters of interest.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson