New guide launched for Mena VC deals
Dubai, March 20, 2012
The Mena Private Equity Association has launched a legal guide designed to give entrepreneurs a practical understanding of the basic terms involved in a venture capital (VC) transaction.
The VC legal documentation guide focuses on issues specific to the Mena region and also includes a standard term-sheet template format.
“We are confident that this guide will make VC funding easier to access and understand, especially for entrepreneurs who are approaching VCs for the first time,” remarked Jeanette Lepper, the manager of Mena Private Equity Association.
“Ultimately by making the deal process easier, we expect the number of deals to increase significantly, thereby channeling more funds into new ideas and new businesses in the region,” she stated.
Standardized documents, she said, will help acquaint entrepreneurs with the investment process and simplify transactions for investors.
'Templates reduce transaction costs and time, while promoting fair legal norms throughout the industry,' Lepper added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals