New guide launched for Mena VC deals
Dubai, March 20, 2012
The Mena Private Equity Association has launched a legal guide designed to give entrepreneurs a practical understanding of the basic terms involved in a venture capital (VC) transaction.
The VC legal documentation guide focuses on issues specific to the Mena region and also includes a standard term-sheet template format.
“We are confident that this guide will make VC funding easier to access and understand, especially for entrepreneurs who are approaching VCs for the first time,” remarked Jeanette Lepper, the manager of Mena Private Equity Association.
“Ultimately by making the deal process easier, we expect the number of deals to increase significantly, thereby channeling more funds into new ideas and new businesses in the region,” she stated.
Standardized documents, she said, will help acquaint entrepreneurs with the investment process and simplify transactions for investors.
'Templates reduce transaction costs and time, while promoting fair legal norms throughout the industry,' Lepper added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service