New guide launched for Mena VC deals
Dubai, March 20, 2012
The Mena Private Equity Association has launched a legal guide designed to give entrepreneurs a practical understanding of the basic terms involved in a venture capital (VC) transaction.
The VC legal documentation guide focuses on issues specific to the Mena region and also includes a standard term-sheet template format.
“We are confident that this guide will make VC funding easier to access and understand, especially for entrepreneurs who are approaching VCs for the first time,” remarked Jeanette Lepper, the manager of Mena Private Equity Association.
“Ultimately by making the deal process easier, we expect the number of deals to increase significantly, thereby channeling more funds into new ideas and new businesses in the region,” she stated.
Standardized documents, she said, will help acquaint entrepreneurs with the investment process and simplify transactions for investors.
'Templates reduce transaction costs and time, while promoting fair legal norms throughout the industry,' Lepper added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson