StanChart wins transaction awards
Dubai, March 25, 2012
Standard Chartered has announced that it won two prestigious Transaction Banking Awards by The Asset Magazine.
At The Asset Triple A Transaction Banking Awards 2012, Standard Chartered was named ‘Best Treasury and Cash Management Bank’ and ‘Best Working Capital Trade Finance Bank’ in the Middle East for 2011.
The Asset Triple A Awards are Asia’s defining recognition for excellence in the Transaction Banking industry globally. The magazine uses a stringent methodology and a rigorous approach to the selection of the winners.
The awards are adjudicated by The Asset’s Board of Editors who collectively have several decades’ worth of evaluating industry awards in Asia.
“Today, the Middle East is trading more with Africa and Asia than with the West. Our strong footprint across these three regions ideally positions us to benefit from these emerging trade corridors,” said Farooq Siddiqi, regional head of Transaction Banking Mena at Standard Chartered.
“Over the last few years, we have invested in developing our online platform and human resources to provide our clients with integrated solutions and services that match their trade finance, working capital, treasury and cash management needs. These awards come as testament to our continuous efforts to bring world class transaction banking services to the region,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum