StanChart wins transaction awards
Dubai, March 25, 2012
Standard Chartered has announced that it won two prestigious Transaction Banking Awards by The Asset Magazine.
At The Asset Triple A Transaction Banking Awards 2012, Standard Chartered was named ‘Best Treasury and Cash Management Bank’ and ‘Best Working Capital Trade Finance Bank’ in the Middle East for 2011.
The Asset Triple A Awards are Asia’s defining recognition for excellence in the Transaction Banking industry globally. The magazine uses a stringent methodology and a rigorous approach to the selection of the winners.
The awards are adjudicated by The Asset’s Board of Editors who collectively have several decades’ worth of evaluating industry awards in Asia.
“Today, the Middle East is trading more with Africa and Asia than with the West. Our strong footprint across these three regions ideally positions us to benefit from these emerging trade corridors,” said Farooq Siddiqi, regional head of Transaction Banking Mena at Standard Chartered.
“Over the last few years, we have invested in developing our online platform and human resources to provide our clients with integrated solutions and services that match their trade finance, working capital, treasury and cash management needs. These awards come as testament to our continuous efforts to bring world class transaction banking services to the region,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey