UGB names independent directors
Manama, March 27, 2012
United Gulf Bank (UGB), the asset management and investment banking platform of the Kipco Group, appointed two independent directors to its board at its annual meeting yesterday.
"The board unanimously supports the principle of independent directors and I am delighted to welcome Faick Al Saleh and Bader Al Awadi as independent members to UGB's board," said UGB chairman Faisal Al Ayyar.
The shareholders approved financial statements for the year ended December 31 and also approved the directors' recommendation not to pay any dividend this year.
Last month, UGB announced a net profit of $1.5 million against $38.7 million the previous year.
Ayyar chaired the meeting which was held at its offices in UGB Tower, Diplomatic Area. More than 95 per cent of shareholders were represented at the meeting.
At the meeting, shareholders also approved other appropriations including board recommendations to donate $50,000 to charity and educational support in Bahrain.
Al Ayyar paid tribute to the government of Bahrain for its long-standing support and to the regulatory and supervisory authorities in the jurisdictions where UGB operates for their guidance and constructive co-operation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs