Mashreq wins two Banker ME product awards
Dubai, March 28, 2012
Mashreq, a leading bank in the UAE, won two awards at Banker Middle East Product Awards 2012 – Best Branch Design Award and Best Islamic Investment Fund Award for Mashreq Al Islami Income Fund.
The awards nominate banks that have shown outstanding performance and success over the past 12 months. Winners are selected by the readers of the publication and all publications under CPI Financial.
Shaker Zainal, head of Distribution, Middle East, said: “We are very pleased to win the Best Branch Design Award, which reflects our unique approach to create an engaging atmosphere for our customers.”
“The objective of our branch set up is to extend a banking experience with an emotional connection as well as a functional one to our customers. Our aim is to provide a holistic financial experience and we have certainly achieved that.”
“Mashreq Al Islami Fund, our flagship Sukuk fund has the strongest track record amongst other global sukuk funds and has significantly outperformed its targeted return objective of 5-7 per cent each year since its inception in June 2009,” he added.
The fund has provided 2011 return of 7.5 per cent and since inception return of 27.38 per cent (from June 2009 to March 20, 2012), a statement said.
Abdul Kadir Hussain, head of Asset Management, Mashreq, said, “The fund has provided stable and above target returns since its inception even in difficult times. The award is a direct recognition of fund’s excellent performance and our team’s ability to manage our client’s investments even in a tough market environment.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator