EFG appoints new private banking head
Zurich, April 2, 2012
EFG Private Bank, EFG International’s business in the UK, has appointed Daniel Gerber to the position of managing director and head of Private Banking, with effect from July 2.
He will be a member of the management committee and board of EFG Private Bank and will report to Anthony Cooke-Yarborough, CEO of EFG International’s UK and Channel Islands business, encompassing EFG Private Bank, EFG Harris Allday and EFG Independent Financial Advisers.
Gerber was formerly chief executive officer of Julius Baer International in London, a position he held since 2008, having previously been its deputy CEO.
Anthony Cooke-Yarborough, chief executive officer, EFG Private Bank, said: “I am very pleased that Daniel is joining EFG Private Bank. His career has been spent in private banking, and he brings specific experience of running a Swiss-owned UK private banking business.”
“EFG Private Bank has been growing strongly, notwithstanding challenging conditions. The business is well positioned, and I am looking forward to working with Daniel to deliver continued profitable growth.”
“I am excited to be taking on this new challenge, and to be part of a dynamic private banking business intent on delivering further growth,” said Gerber.
“EFG Private Bank has much to offer both clients and entrepreneurial private bankers, and has significant future potential. I am looking forward to helping to realise this,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk