NBK gets cenbank nod to raise Boubyan stake
Dubai, April 10, 2012
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) said on Tuesday it received the Kuwaiti central bank's approval to increase its stake in Boubyan Bank to 60 percent from 47.29 percent.
The approval is valid for three months starting April 8, the statement added.
NBK, the country's largest lender, has been building its Islamic banking business and in April last year raised its stake in Islamic lender Boubyan Bank to 47 percent.
Boubyan bank, which complies with Islam's ban on interest, competes with Kuwait Finance House and Kuwait International Bank. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school