Awris opens new offices in Bahrain
Manama, April 10, 2012
The Bahrain-based Arab War Risks Insurance Syndicate (Awris) has launched its new offices at Platinum Tower in the Seef area of the Kingdom.
The office was opened by Central Bank of Bahrain Governor Rasheed Al Maraj, accompanied by Awris technical committee president Ashraf Bseisu.
"Awris was founded in 1980 and commenced operations in Iraq specializing ever since in providing insurances against war risks, riots, unrests and political risks of the 177 Arab member companies in the Arab world,” said its CEO Kays Al-Mudaries.
“We follow solid underwriting measures which has empowered Awris in providing insurance coverage required at appropriate prices, the fact that stopped the price monopoly exercised in the international markets particularly in the periods of increasing political tensions in the Arab region.'
'Awris showed strong support to the Arab economies by maintaining premiums within the Arab region. It has also distributed dividends amounting to $123 million since inception and maintains technical reserves of $94 million,’ he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service