Burgan co-lead manager in Alargan bond issue
Kuwait, April 14, 2012
Kuwait-based Burgan Bank recently acted as a co-lead manager in a KD26.5 million ($95 million) covered bond issue for Alargan International Real Estate Company.
The recently issued bonds have received a long term issue rating investment grade of BBB- from Capital Intelligence, one of the world’s leading international rating agencies.
The bonds have been issued only to mature after five years with a basis of two tranches:
• KD1 million with a fixed annual coupon of 6.25 per cent
• KD1 million with a variable interest of 3.50 per cent over the discount rate from the Central Bank of Kuwait (currently standing at 2.50 per cent), and a maximum of 7.00 per cent
“We are proud to be one of the key partners in the issuance of this bond. Traditionally, Burgan Bank has been a leading participant in the growing bond arena,” said May Al-Mudhaf, Burgan Bank’s chief investment banking and treasury officer.
“The bank continues to achieve excellent returns for its shareholders, and is expected to strengthen its top-line performance, having witnessed a growth in its loan portfolio across commercial and private financial services segments.”
“Such transactions are vital to encourage companies who enjoy high capital adequacy ratio rates to issue bonds as well as sukuks to be able to achieve their desired levels of liquidity, Furthermore, the bank is keen to offer a wide array of investment products for its clients and the opportunity to participate in Alargan’s bond issue was one of them” added Al-Mudhaf.
“The issuance of this bond comes at an opportune time as we witness a renewed growth of the local bonds market, more so for the real estate sector,” said Khalid Al Mash’an, chairman and managing director of Alargan International Real Estate Company.
“This is the first bond issued by a real estate company since June 2010. We are also looking forward to more support from various government institutions, with an overall objective of developing local bonds issuance.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget