DIFC Authority names Al Ghurair chairman
Dubai, April 15, 2012
Dubai International Financial Centre Authority (DIFCA), the governing body of the emirate's offshore financial district, has appointed Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair as its new chairman of the board.
Al Ghurair, who is also the chairman of Dubai lender Mashreq bank, is also the deputy chairman of the board of DIFC, which since 2004 has been a financial free zone for 800 firms, including 21 of the top 30 global banks, global asset managers, insurers and law firms.
Dubai's Ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum named a new board for DIFC in August last year. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity