KFH Bahrain receives ISO certification
Manama, April 15, 2012
Kuwait Finance House Bahrain (KFH) data centre has been awarded the information security certification ISO 27001, following a stringent audit by an international certification body.
It is the first Islamic bank in the Kingdom to achieve this milestone, a statement from KFH said.
The ISO certificate was presented to Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, the managing director and CEO of KFH-Bahrain. "We are delighted with this accreditation as it clearly demonstrates KFH-Bahrain's leadership in the information technology arena of Islamic banking and financial sector in Bahrain.”
“With this certification, the bank will be able to launch innovative electronic services for its retail and corporate customers. With the growing need for information security and IT risk in the area of information technology, the importance of this achievement cannot be overstated.”
"We have always been aware that the data centre, network infrastructure and other associated services play a vital role in running banking services. We therefore decided to adopt global best practices and implement ISO controls in our main data centre and network to mitigate the risk of intrusions and disruptions," Alkhayyat added.
The purpose-built and scalable dedicated centre makes KFH-Bahrain the first bank in the Kingdom to have virtualisation technology which is capable of providing a fault tolerant, dependable and interruption-free operation.
The data centre infrastructure is based on an integrated rack, power and cooling solution complete with advanced management and monitoring hardware and software.
It significantly improved the overall reliability and accessibility with complete network redundancy, EMC data storage within a VMware virtualisation environment.
This state-of-the-art infrastructure will sustain KFH-Bahrain's technical requirements for the next 10 years with an integrated ability for future growth and IT transformation, the statement said.
It will also have a positive impact on the bank’s customers through improved IT services, higher availability of banking channels and a reduction in the bank's operating risks, keeping in mind that the Data Centre provides its services and support 24/7.
ISO 27001 has been acclaimed universally as a vital tool to manage and minimise the range of threats to which information is regularly subjected. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi investor exits first UK real estate investment
- Dubai Investments Park celebrates Nasdaq listing
- Norton Rose Fulbright advises on IDB $1.5bn sukuk
- IGIH posts 24pc rise in profit
- Tokyo exchange inks Dubai agreement
- PiSlice, du partner to encourage micro-lending
- Bank Alkhair swings to $4.7m profit
- BMI launches new personal loan promotion
- Experts shed light on key Fatca legislation
- Saudi inflation plunges to four-year low
- UAE investment appetite 'strengthens' says expert
- Dubai mulls rule change to woo domiciled funds
- UAE, Abu Dhabi roll over $20bn of Dubai's debt
- Saudi can achieve 4.4pc growth this year
- Emaar listing of retail unit 'within months'
- Dubai Investments nets $29m profits
- Compliance officers facing diverse pressures, says study
- Abu Dhabi finance dept inks deal with Ajman
- Kuwait registers 8pc credit growth
- Bahrain Sico funds net solid returns
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification