Investcorp to sponsor major BAB event
Manama, April 18, 2012
Investcorp has announced its sponsorship of the Banks in Bahrain Reception that will take place on October 13 in conjunction with annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group in the Japanese capital Tokyo.
Hosted by the Bahrain Association of Banks, the Banks in Bahrain Reception will promote continuous development of the kingdom's banking sector to global financial and business leaders and policymakers who are taking part in the meetings.
"We are proud to support the Bahrain Association of Banks and represent the kingdom's strong track record and economic outlook," said Invesrcorp Gulf business president Mohammed Al Shroogi.
"The region has been through a tremendous transformation phase, which was amplified by the environment of global uncertainty and the euro zone financial crisis," he said.
"Bahrain is now set to rebound, as the government resumes spending on planned infrastructure projects and its GDP is expected to achieve 50 per cent more growth than last year," Al Shroogi added.
"At Investcorp, we continue to build on our successes over the last 30 years in Bahrain, connecting regional investors to profitable opportunities in the West," he said.
The reception will bring leading members of the global banking community together to explore the vast opportunities which Bahrain presents, highlighting the rapid development of the finance industry in the GCC region and its deepening connections to global capital markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson