Commercial Bank of Kuwait names new chairman
Kuwait, April 30, 2012
Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK), the Gulf state's fourth largest lender, has named Ali Al-Moussa as its new chairman, the company said in a statement posted on the bourse website on Monday.
In February CBK reported a sharp drop in full-year net profit and trading in its stock had been suspended until after the bank's annual general meeting, held on Sunday.
Kuwait Stock Exchange halted trading in CBK earlier this month until the bank holds its AGM. Shares of several other companies in Kuwait have also been suspended after firms were unable to report earnings on time. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school