Warba Bank appoints key officials
Kuwait, May 20, 2012
Kuwait-based Warba Bank has announced the appointment of Basel Jassem Al Obeid as chief corporate banking officer and Feroz Noorani as chief risk officer.
Al Obeid brings to Warba Bank over 25 years of experience, in which he previously held numerous positions that provided him with extensive experience in the banking sector as a whole, and in particular focus on the credit sector.
Prior to joining Warba Bank, Al Obeid was head of International Banking Credit at the Ahli United Bank (AUB).
He also held the position of assistant managing director of the Credit and Treasury Department at the Securities House Company (SHC). Furthermore, Al Obeid maintains strong relationships and contacts with several local, regional and international companies.
Noorani joins Warba Bank following a career spanning almost three decades in the GCC, Middle East and Indian banking sectors. He has held a number of senior positions in the Islamic, Commercial & Investment Banking and Risk Management.
Noorani, before joining Warba Bank, headed the Risk Management & Compliance Group at Al Hilal Bank Group in Abu Dhabi, and was formerly the head of Group Risk and Capital Strategy at Samba Financial Group in Saudi Arabia.
He has received several prestigious awards for his work in financial services industry, and has been a prominent speaker at a number of high profile industry events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals