Warba Bank appoints key officials
Kuwait, May 20, 2012
Kuwait-based Warba Bank has announced the appointment of Basel Jassem Al Obeid as chief corporate banking officer and Feroz Noorani as chief risk officer.
Al Obeid brings to Warba Bank over 25 years of experience, in which he previously held numerous positions that provided him with extensive experience in the banking sector as a whole, and in particular focus on the credit sector.
Prior to joining Warba Bank, Al Obeid was head of International Banking Credit at the Ahli United Bank (AUB).
He also held the position of assistant managing director of the Credit and Treasury Department at the Securities House Company (SHC). Furthermore, Al Obeid maintains strong relationships and contacts with several local, regional and international companies.
Noorani joins Warba Bank following a career spanning almost three decades in the GCC, Middle East and Indian banking sectors. He has held a number of senior positions in the Islamic, Commercial & Investment Banking and Risk Management.
Noorani, before joining Warba Bank, headed the Risk Management & Compliance Group at Al Hilal Bank Group in Abu Dhabi, and was formerly the head of Group Risk and Capital Strategy at Samba Financial Group in Saudi Arabia.
He has received several prestigious awards for his work in financial services industry, and has been a prominent speaker at a number of high profile industry events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson