Sabb, Alireza celebrate 50 years
Riyadh, May 21, 2012
The Saudi British Bank (Sabb) and leading conglomerate and the pioneering business house in the kingdom, Haji Abdullah Alireza & Company (Haaco) Group, recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of their association.
The event was attended by Sheikh Mohammed Alireza, CEO of Haji Abdullah Alireza & Company; Sabb’s board members, Sheikh Fouad Bahrawi, Sheikh Khalid Al Molhem; and managing director David Dew; along with senior members of Sabb’s management team.
Sheikh Fouad presented Mohammed Alireza with a commemorative plaque on the occasion. “It is a long association with a traditional business family that has been in the forefront of commercial trade. During the course of 50 years, both institutions have matured and grown from strength to strength.”
“Sabb could always be relied upon as a credible banking partner and the relationship is strong and well bonded enough to see it is continuing well to next generation,” he added.
"The plaque that represented currency notes over the past five decades is also a reflection of Sabb’s readiness to finance their ventures. I am certain the partnership is strong enough to continue the onward journey, and to reach ever greater heights,” said Mohammed Alireza.
“Sabb has always believed in fostering partnerships built on strong relationship values. The bank has made a long term commitment to develop local talent by virtue of cultivating relationships with commercial entities, and this has since paid off with so many successful partnerships,” Dew concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance