DIB launches 5-year $500m Islamic bond
Dubai, May 22, 2012
Dubai Islamic Bank launched a five-year, $500 million Islamic bond, or sukuk, at a spread of 365 basis points over midswaps, arranging banks said on Tuesday.
The launch spread was 10 basis points tighter than initial price guidance released the previous day, indicating good demand for the issue.
Pricing is expected later on Tuesday. Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, HSBC and DIB itself are bookrunners on the deal. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years