Emirates NBD names new CEO for top units
Dubai, May 22, 2012
Emirates NBD, a leading financial services group, has appointed Mohammad Kamran Wajid as new CEO of Emirates NBD Capital and Emirates Financial Services.
In his new role, Kamran will drive the transformation of Emirates NBD Group's Investment Banking business into a global investment banking platform, offering a comprehensive suite of market leading products and services (with a special focus on equity capital markets, debt capital markets, corporate / financial advisory and mergers & acquisitions advisory) to cater to the diverse needs of clients from across the globe.
The platform will not only seek to leverage off the Group's existing relationships by augmenting the Group’s existing product offering with market leading Investment Banking capabilities, but will also operate as an independent business development arm for Emirates NBD Group with the aim of firmly cementing the Group's credentials in the Investment Banking arena globally.
The ultimate objective of this platform will be to supplement Emirates NBD Group’s revenue mix by generating additional fee based income through Investment Banking activities.
Kamran has been with the Emirates NBD Group for over 14 years and brings with him a wealth of experience in corporate banking, international banking, financial institutions and investment banking. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace