Standard Chartered names Menap head
Manama, May 24, 2012
Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of Morad Mahlouji as regional head of Origination and Client Coverage (OCC) for the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan (Menap).
Mahlouji will lead the bank's OCC Group which shapes the client-centric strategy of deepening client relationships across the bank's business in the region.
Mahlouji will also assume direct responsibility as the head of OCC for the UAE, one of the bank's top five markets globally.
David Law, his predecessor, will assume the role of regional head of corporate finance for Africa, based in Johannesburg.
Law joined the group in 2009 and brings a wealth of corporate advisory and leveraged finance experience to his new role.
"Standard Chartered is committed to a client-led strategy that has been key to our success in the region and globally, and the bank will continue to focus on deepening relationships across the franchise in Menap," said regional chief executive for Mena and Pakistan Christos Papadopoulos.
"Morad brings a wealth of expertise and a deep understanding of the region and will be leading the client relationship management of our wholesale banking business in the region," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award